Governance in Microsoft Teams ensures trusted collaboration where teams can work together or remotely in a secured and efficient manner. If you’ve decided to implement governance and need some help, then you’ve come to the right place. Here, we explore some major admin requirements of Teams and ways to make it better in terms of security and user experience.
Every business has unique requirements and the choices that are made to regulate operations deeply impact throughput and results for any organization. Securing MS Teams and guiding user behaviour to the goal is what governance encourages and helps to unlock increased performance and efficiency to benefit businesses.
Teams is closely knitted with variety of Microsoft 365 apps, services, and tools. It needs additional policies that extends to Microsoft 365 governance and can maintain stability when number of users exceeds the threshold. Hence, governance brings harmony between people and processes and promotes usability of Teams in an expected way.
Why MS Teams needs better admin solutions
MS Teams has a plethora of security settings and customization options to manage permissions and memberships, auditing protections, controlling external access, etc. However, this further introduces IT challenges as administrators need to switch from one admin center to another frequently to configure various settings. This sometimes also involves writing complex scripts for maintaining the environment and have it sanitized.
Consequently, automation is a must to prevent complex maintenance use cases, Teams sprawl as manual management becomes impractical and inefficient with large uncontrolled growth. This further suggests that administrators need better tools or solutions in place to effectively govern Teams. They should be able to allow the right services to right users and monitor the health of overall Teams ecosystem easily with = peace of mind.
Admin solutions by TeamsHUB by Cyclotron
To simplify administration and prevent all kinds of data collaboration challenges in Microsoft Teams, we recommend that you deploy Teams using our governance automation software called TeamsHUB by Cyclotron.
TeamsHUB by Cyclotron integrates policies and processes that comply with governance ethics to help stay in control of your Teams environment. With a bunch of robust functionalities, TeamsHUB by Cyclotron governs how your business data is used, when and by whom – all from ONE CENTRAL LOCATION.
Now, we will go over some of our vital admin solutions that deliver end-to-end governance in MS Teams covering all the vital aspects of Teams platform i.e., security management, maximized collaboration and productivity.
Control teams sprawl and content mismanagement
- TeamsHUB by Cyclotron enables teams creation under administrative control using site provisioning. User can provide necessary details about the team to get qualified as per business requirements through a request-approval form.
- It uses expiration policies to create life span for teams. Teams utilize plenty of resources, hence it’s important that their existence be controlled. TeamsHUB by Cyclotron lets you retain, archive or delete them to avoid unnecessary piling up or overlapping of workspaces through lifecycle management of teams.
- Use TeamsHUB by Cyclotron to appoint global, teams service and other administrators to manage governance and business workflows with different access levels in your organization for enhanced security. Administrators can define owners and members in a team and set right privileges for them to access resources.
- TeamsHUB by Cyclotron controls the capabilities of those users who collaborate outside of organization using different systems. This helps to limit their access to sensitive items and prevents uncontrolled information sharing.
Classification of teams
- Use TeamsHUB by Cyclotron to easily classify and categorize teams created for specific purposes using TAGS.
- Create and manage HUBS to groupify teams of your choice that fall under a specific search criteria.
- Assign naming policies for teams according to business standards to enhance classification and discovery of information.
Protection of data across teams and tenants
- TeamsHUB by Cyclotron classifies your content and protects it persistently while travel by using encryption, watermarking and user access control.
- Effectively track sensitive data that is exchanged with third-party contractors and prevent misuse or breach by revoking the access.
- TeamsHUB by Cyclotron closely monitors your environment in real-time, provides your actionable reports on user activities, usage, inventory, external data sharing etc., and detects unusual happenings or changes across tenants from different regions or departments.
- TeamsHUB by Cyclotron offers a modern and interactive dashboard to grab real-time insights into business data, check its performance and analyse it to increase efficiency and security of the environment.
To learn more about TeamsHUB by Cyclotron, please visit https://TeamsHUB.io or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a demo