IT Administrators are an important part of any company especially as organizations grow. Similarly, a global administrator in Office 365 also plays an important role. Administration Management using TeamsHub by Cyclotron plays an important role to help ease the burden and streamline governance.
A global administrator, using TeamsHub by Cyclotron can automate collaboration settings, assign owners, manage licenses and domains, manage users and teams, customize policies, and perform many other operations.
However, a global administrator’s role can be too centralized. Therefore, dividing the administrator role can greatly ease the team workload and set up the organization to scale easily. Also, delegating rights and privileges to specific tasks can help organizations expand administration capabilities for efficient management.
Administration Management using TeamsHub by Cyclotron
In this regard, TeamsHub by Cyclotron simplifies governance through automation without complex Powershell commands and by using a unified interface to streamline governance. Additionally, TeamsHub by Cyclotron puts a structure around administration by providing three administrator roles.
- Global Administrator
- Teams Service Administrator and
- Reports Reader.
Let’s explore each role one by one in the following sections
In TeamsHub by Cyclotron, a global administrator can perform the following tasks:
- Firstly, manage Teams’ creation using automated workflows. Besides this administrators can manage guests, naming policies based on standard blocked words and custom blocked words and assign organization-specific classification.
- Secondly, global administrators can set up expiration policies for each team via a set of rules. This sends notifications to team owners on certain actions that need to be taken and provides alerts during the period of inactivity before Teams can be disposed of or archived.
- Thirdly, automate Microsoft Teams governance for site creation and management. To achieve this, an administrator can utilize dynamic forms and external workﬂows and deﬁne naming policies based on custom attributes and by using templates.
- Additionally, create and manage teams and configure access rights by applying Information Rights Management (IRM) to prevent content misuse.
- Also, create tags for quick discovery of information and updating multiple teams in one go.
- Perform an advanced search using filters and create hubs to save the results for organizational needs.
- Gain real-time insights into teams through a powerful dashboard to measure teams’ performance and make informed business decisions.
- Track popular, inactive teams or archived teams in your organization based on teams’ activity threshold. Administrators can also see the latest teams that have been added.
- Track and manage externally shared files or documents and even revoke access for security reasons.
- Get actionable reports based on various criteria such as metadata usage, team or device usage, etc. You can also share reports with third party contractors.
- Finally, a global administrator can optimize voice solutions. From a user-friendly interface, create, test and troubleshoot Direct Routing Configuration.
Teams Service Administrator
In TeamsHub by Cyclotron, Teams Service Administrator has similar responsibilities like the global administrators to manage entire Microsoft Teams environment. As a Teams Service Administrator, you can utilize all tools and features except:
- Voice routing or telephony settings
- Managing teams creation process
- Setting up naming conventions for teams
- Classification of teams
- Managing external access
A Report Reader helps in creating better visibility of reporting and making reports more accessible. They have a very limited access to administrator portal in TeamsHub by Cyclotron. This role is read-only and can be assigned to any Office 365 user across the organization. As report reader, you can only view dashboard and access all the reports through Analytics.
We understand that administration management for Microsoft Teams and organizational needs can be tedious and time consuming. Hence, TeamsHub by Cyclotron provides more flexible ways to administer ensuring availability, reliability, security and integrity of your cloud systems and environments.
For more information on TeamsHub by Cyclotron please visit our blog or our main site at https://teamshub.io