Cloud governance is of utmost importance to Microsoft 365 implementation or migration since it is a large ecosystem of multifaceted apps such as Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Planner, Outlook, and more. Hence, to increase adoption and better user experience it is imperative to regulate the tenant.
Microsoft 365 governance framework is applied to encompass policies ensuring tenant environment is safe and there is no chaos during interoperability. It also helps in an effective document management system, secured file collaboration, and content lifecycle management to avoid the inevitable sprawl of unnecessary teams.
Elements of a good governance model
Prioritize governance efforts based on organizational set up which may have varying security requirements, user access level, naming conventions, and other rules. Whatever the scenario, follow the given steps for implementing successful governance around MS Teams and other workloads:
- Content approval – Set up a process where any change in the tenant needs approval.
- Manage customizations – Implement your own customizations as per business requirement.
- Content retention and deletion – Configure policies to archive or delete content to free up resources.
- Access control – Define user rights and privileges to allow or restrict access to resources.
- Monitoring of content – Define storage locations for specific data, track files and control the access of content when collaborating externally.
Scaling Microsoft 365 governance using TeamsHub by Cyclotron
Though governance is pivotal to strike the right balance between administrative controls and user empowerment, applying policies across the tenant invariably and repeatedly is challenging. You need to think about the whole M365 platform including Azure AD, MFA, licensing, group settings, identity, and access management, and then placing the controls manually which is again dreadful.
To resolve it, you should use TeamsHub by Cyclotron which automates Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and other workloads to amplify user productivity in a secured environment. Furthermore, TeamsHub by Cyclotron has many interesting and powerful features such as –
- Administrator management
- Guest access control
- External file sharing and tracking
- Site provisioning
- Teams archival and deletion
- Direct voice routing
- Smart reporting
These are just a few; there is plenty more that TeamsHub by Cyclotron offers. If you are looking for detailed guidance on how to stay in control of Office 365 using TeamsHub by Cyclotron, please visit https://teamshub.io or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a demo